Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A little downturn . . .

I was half awake with a lot of wound pain and a fever all night. I might be pushing myself a little too much. I just finished working two shifts in a row, and maybe that is not such a great idea, but it really helps my psyche with this crap. I like putting my problems on the backburner and showing myself and my co-workers that this is nothing, that I can easily deal with this with humour and ease. But today is not such a good day. I feel really, really weak and shaky after last night. I took a T#3 for the pain this morning and am hoping it is helping with the feverish feeling. I have to walk to the nursing clinic and I am hoping I can do that with stubborn pride for myself at least. I thought Vanco and doxy could kill everything driving me down right now, but I guess this infection is going to take a lot out of me. I just wish this shit wouldn't just keep happening to me. I can only take so much before I break.

I have absolutely no appetite today except for coffee.

4 comments:

Ted said...

Oh Carrie... don't push yourself too hard. By all means, take a break. You need to rest. Hope you feel better soon.

Ian Timshel said...

Like training, it's at least as important to consider the recovery time as it is to attend to applying the stress. Balance is everything.
You're going to have such good success with your running when you're at full throttle again!
Hugs.

Tracy said...

Hugs to you Carrie.

prashant said...

You need to rest. Hope you feel better soon.
home jobs india