Sunday, October 18, 2009

Great trail run and shopping this weekend . . .

I was down because I was missing the last 5Peaks trail race on Saturday. It looks as if the VNS in my chest might be ripping itself from the inside out. I thought that wasn't possible, until I noticed the purple and red mark that formed after the last adhesion rip didn't go away, but started getting worse and worse and the pain is now pin-pointed right in the middle of the mark. The mark gets bigger everyday. I've been putting dressings on it just in case and I have an appointment with neurosurgery (I'm hoping it's not the original surgeon) in December. At this rate, I'm not going to be making the appointment. I'm thinking it might be a trip to emerg before then. I am not looking forward to that, but sometimes that is the way to finally get this dealt with. The consent for the surgery to fix the placement of this thing was signed almost two years ago. I need this resolved one way or the other. This is just a real painful way for it to happen.

So, I shouldn't be running on really uneven surfaces right now. I am running on streets with a chest binder to minimize pain (and it's not the most comfortable thing to run in let me tell you).

So what's a girl to do? Go trail running! To the top of King Mountain in Gatineau Park no less! I must say though, there was a lot of hiking and fooling around though. Here are some selections.
Spent some time online rewarding myself for being 25/25 in the 100 day challenge by buying some winter running gear. Got a trail tech shirt from Lulu (I got one last year and loved it so much!), a pair of their ultra tights and a ta ta tamer, got a spibelt, and a pair of microspikes and a running backpack for running back and forth to work. I don't like running with the bag I have now. It is too bouncy and doesn't distribute things well and slows me down. I'll give reviews when I try the things out.

1 comment:

Ian Timshel said...

You make me feel great! 25/25! You go gurl!