Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another update . . .

So the below pictures with an explanation of what has been actively going on these past couple days was e-mailed to my doctor (the great one) and he answered me right back, telling me I needed an urgent neurosurgery appointment right away and he'd get back to me. I knew this was coming, but when the sudden realization of what was going on came upon me, I got all shaky and felt sick to my stomach. I then went for a run.

Running is great. It was in the rain and almost soul cleansing. Unfortunately, when I came back, I get a voice mail saying my doctor wanted me to report to ER right away and I was to have a neurosurgery appointment (with a different surgeon than the first one) on Friday. Things are finally moving fast, but it is very overwhelming and I am not handling it very well. I have decided not to report to ER tonite, but will first thing in the morning. I have theatre tickets for tonite and we are going out to dinner and I want to have fun and forget this stress first.

3 comments:

Nature Girl said...

Hey Carrie

This is pretty sh*tty. I'm sorry you've got to go through this. Running really is a great way to relieve stress but eventually we have to stop and get back to reality eh? (why do you think I want to get to 100miles? So I can stay in fantasy land a little longer!)
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope all goes well.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

take care of yourself hun. i've got my fingers crossed for you and will be thinking of you. good luck.

Spirit Flower said...

With you Carrie...