Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy, Sad, and Happy Day, all in one . . .

Start with happy . . .

I had an interview today with a magazine! That is all I'm going to say about it until the article comes out. Wait for the surprise . . . if you can!

Sad . . .

I stayed home from work today because of a bad migraine that started last night. Probably because of the humid weather that moved in. It didn't really clear up until noon, but the googly, cross-eyes stayed most of the afternoon. I felt a little out-of-sorts. I kept wondering to myself if I sounded a little crazy during the said interview that I mentioned above.


The dogs and I spent some time outside and they spent most of the time in their new little kiddy pool. Everyone was having fun until Peanut started to get all lethargic and panting heavily. She had drank a lot of pool water (but she usually drinks heavily, just not often). She went to go lay down deep into the cedar hedge. I decided she must be hot and called them inside to the central air. Peanut comes in and continues to pant and circles and lies down and gets up and circles and pants, and lies down and gets up and circles . . . well, you get the picture. It didn't look comfortable. She pees on the kitchen floor (a whole lake!) while I try and get her back outside. She does the same thing outside and wants to lie deep inside the cedar hedge. Her tummy looked a little bloated, but not alarmingly so (as in bloat). She remains lethargic. I take her for a little walk around the yard. She poos. She pees. Everything is working okay. I let her inside, where the same behaviour continues and she looks like she wants to go outside again. I take her outside again. She lies in the grass in the shade. I sit in the grass beside her and give her a big hug. Please don't leave me. I don't know what I would do. Please be well. Please don't be in pain. Please let this pass. I'm not sure I can handle something like this. I'm not strong enough to deal with this. My little yellow angel, please be well. She doesn't look comfortable. I consider taking her to the vet, but I don't know for what. She is pooing, peeing, her ears pick up when I say 'supper.' She has bowel sounds. Her pulse feels normal. I dunno.

I google some signs & symptoms of the most dangerous things I can think of - like bloat. She is not displaying anything like that at this time. I feed all three dogs. Peanut cleans her bowl, and proceeds to lick clean both Latte's and Stella's bowl. We all go outside. Latte and Stella go and play and Peanut sits beside me. I give her another bear hug. Please be well. And she lets out a large burp.

After that, she seems to regain some energy. She chases a frisbee, although not in her usual competitive way. We go inside while I eat my supper. She lies on the floor without the 'get-up-pant-circle-lie-down' thing. She looks comfortable. She falls asleep and starts to fart. And fart. And fart.


Happy . . .
I have never been so happy to smell dog fart.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

So glad she's ok now! Happy puppy dance!

Hmmm, I'm curious about the secret magazine interview...your story is so inspiring, I'm sure that whatever comes of it, it will be great!

Ted said...

LOLLLLL !!! You got me cracking up. This is hilarious but I am glad your dog is okay.

I cannot wait to read about the interview !

eme said...

Yippee for dog farts!

Honestly, I worry more when my dogs are sick than when my son is sick - at least he can tell me whatn is wrong!

Glad to read that she is okay.