Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wolf Trail . . .

K and I wanted to go on a trail run in Gatineau Park and picked, I believe, the hardest trail to run in the whole park. Wow! What a tough trail. K had it at 8.3 K on her instructions off a website and my Garmin read 7.3K (but wouldn't pick up a satellite pick up until a little bit into the trail, so it might be closer to 8K). The trail was quite boggy in places, had very steep inclines and declines, three or four beautiful lookouts, a path covered in rocks, roots and mud. There were a few little stretches where we were actually able to run, but running or hiking, we passed everyone on the trail. What a workout! I felt like I ran about 15K after that hike/run. My quads and arse are stiff and sore right now! What an adventure! I can't wait to go back.

ETA: Those Montrail Hardrocks worked like a charm. I was sticking to rocks like Spiderman!

2 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

sounds like a great time! :)

Ted said...

That is freaking awesome. I know doing trail running involves with different part of the muscles in your legs. That is quite a workout. Love the pixs!