Friday, May 8, 2009

May . . .

May just adds a whole different perspective on things. It is easier to leave the iPod at home when the view is blooming everywhere. My runs have been concentrated along the river because of the greenery happening everywhere and it is just so damn beautiful down there. I like running down there more than the Canal. I find there is just so much traffic down there (people and otherwise) that you can't appreciate the scenery as much. There is always a car, bike and crowd of people everywhere. The river is a lot less crowded.

The half marathon is in two weeks. Sunday is my last long run before the half. I'm confident I'm ready and I feel calm so far going in. Work on the other hand, is causing conflict within my calm inner world. Oh well, not everything can be perfect. Let's just say I would take contentment over happiness anyday. 'Nuf said.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm with you - I prefer the river as well. Good luck with your long run and pray for no rain on Sunday!

Jo said...

I love that you are feeling calm.
This is good!!!

Ted said...

I just wish the world would calm down, too! I am totally with you.

Laura said...

Good luck...I am running the half this weekend as well....