Wednesday, May 20, 2009

4 days and counting until NCM Half . . .

It's hard to believe how far I've come since last year at this time. I started running May 29th, 2008 and I could only run one minute at a time around the block. Those telephone poles were just spaced too far. Now, a year later, I am getting ready to run my first half marathon. I am nervous because I have placed so much of myself into this goal. I know I can do it though, because I've already done the distance, and I've but 100% of the work into this goal.

Even my year goal of running 1000 km in 2009 is halfway finished. I'm less than 4 km away from 500 km. I can't wait to run the half-marathon, and continue to train for the next one (Army Run in September). Upward and onward!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Awesome! You are going to rock the half. Good luck!

chris mcpeake said...

Good luck you will do great... just trust in your training and enjoy it.

Ted said...

Carrie - you are going to rock! GOOD LUCK and be sure to kick a**. Have a GREAT time. I cannot wait to read your post race report soon.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

good luck, and more importantly, have fun!!