Friday, April 24, 2009

Quickly getting over leg injury . . .

I suffered a bit of a setback at the beginning of this week. I pulled my calf muscle in my right leg and had to rest it for a couple of days and ice it. I didn't run for 3 days because of this. I couldn't take any Advil, since I am developing a little gastritis/ulcer from all the Advil I've been taken. It didn't matter, though, because without the Advil, the muscle seemed to recover on it's own. Yay!

Had a seizure. Ho-hum.

The days are getting warmer and warmer. I can't wait to start complaining about the heat.

The days are getting closer to my first half-marathon. I am getting nervy! I can't place my finger on what makes me the most nervous about the whole race experience. I think it is the crowds. I know I can do the distance.

2 comments:

Spirit Flower said...

I'm looking forward to your first half too (I'll be at your side in spirit). Relax, your milage is already enough to pull it off.

Laura

Ted said...

You will do just fine. It's very normal to be nervous about the half marathon. After a few minutes, you will enjoy every minute of it. I cannot wait to hear all about it.

Dang about the seizure! There was a cover story on Newsweek about Epilepsy. Quite interesting.