Thursday, April 30, 2009

Need to climb back up on the (proverbial) horse . . .

I haven't gone for a run since the last post. I think the last seizure really took a chunk out of my confidence. I need to get out there today just to get some humanity back. Seizures don't usually leave me with this much residual 'depressive' feelings because I am so used to them. I don't know why but I don't want to analyze it.

I took the day yesterday to sit outside in the sun and play frisbee with Peanut, Latte and Stella. They had lots of fun and it took my mind off of the darkness in my head. I cleaned the kitchen too, which helped. I am planning an adventure run. I am not pre-planning a route, just going out to run, do an errand, and enjoy the day. Hopefully that will bring up my spirits. :)

Thank you to everyone that left a comment. I have taken them and used them to heal what this last seizure took out of me.

1 comment:

Ted said...

Good for you!!! When my daughter had the status last January, it took out the entire confidence right out of me like a lightning. It took me a long time to regain my confidence. Getting back to running afterward was the most difficult part of my life. I was on the edge for a long time.