Thursday, March 5, 2009

Weight loss thoughts to date . . .

I posted something similar on my journal on Running Mania (http://www.runningmania.com) and I really should take credit for the hard work I've been putting in. I hope I can inspire others to either take up or continue improving their own health and fitness to become the best person they can be, for the benefit of themselves and others.

I am getting ever so closer to the 90 lbs lost since January '08 - right now, at 85 lbs lost. I have lost exactly 10 inches off my waist, 8 inches off my hips, and 9 inches off my chest (gulp!). The ultimate goal is Bettie Page's 36-24-36, which is the reason why I am using BPs pics as my avatar on Running Mania all the time (if anyone really wanted to know). Her weight was 128 lb, and my ultimate goal is 130 (I am also the same height that she was).

At the rate I am going, I still have a lot more work to do, but it is now nice to know that it's not just a pipe dream. The measurement I am most proud of - I have lost 17% of my body fat! No private gyms, nobody monitoring my diet, all real world, no private trainers, no TV cameras - all me, all the time. No surgery, just moving my ass - first walking, then running since last May.

The work is still ongoing. I still have a lot of work to do and it has been fun so far. I know that, along with losing all this weight and improving my fitness, I have made a positive life change and there is no going back. I just feel better - more vitality! What running does to your self-esteem is amazing! If you can complete that distance, run up that hill, there is nothing that can stand in your way!

The journey continues . . .

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I read your post while waiting for my running partner just before heading out - I thought about how hard you must have worked to accomplish what you have during my run. You should be very proud of yourself. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Kelodie said...

Wow! That is very impressive. :-) Congratulations on turning your life around. I have no doubt that you inspire the people around you. Way to go!

Ted said...

I am a newbie to your blog. I have found you via Melanie of 2nd chance who inspires me since I have a young daughter with epilepsy. I am a runner myself and been trying to gather information via blog about people with epilepsy. Melanie and I have been corresponding and she has been so helpful to me.

On the other hand, I am totally impressed with your weight loss to date. Way to go and glad to know that you continue to inspire people.

My blog is www.seetedrun.blogspot.com