Saturday, February 21, 2009

Running at lunch . . .

Yesterday, I got to run at lunch to home and back to work. I'll be doing this more often as the weather gets warmer around here I think, as it is a great brain refresher. It was a cold, very windy day yesterday, and I found I was walking over a few deep snowdrifts. I also should have brought a change of clothes, since I was doing a very easy jog, as not to get myself too hot and sweaty. It's nice to be running again and I seem to have recovered quite well from pneumonia without any apparent loss of fitness or energy.

I am so happy and honoured to have Jo-Jo (aka "Bunny Girl") offer to be my pacer during my upcoming goal race, the NCM half marathon. It will be quite refreshing to have her with me, since I was starting to feel increased anxiety about my first half marathon, even though it is 3 months out. I just want to have fun and get over the finish line during the allotted time. No stress involved. Once the first is over with and I know I can finish one, the second will not be so anxiety-ridden.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

running at lunch time is a great way to break up the day! Glad you're over the pneumonia! You'll do great in your HM :)