Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Added a homemade running "ticker" . . .

As I am no longer reading the volumes of novels as I was last year, I have added a "running ticker," made by me at the bottom of the page. I am still looking for a similar ticker or widget that will be this easy and uncomplicated. It will be manually updated at least once a week by moi, until I can find one that can update more easier. It's a real good excuse to post more than once a week though.
Feeling a little run down and fighting off a cold today. Called in sick to work because I have a cough and chest tightness that has taken over the upper part of my lungs and lower part of my throat. I am hoping that intense hydration and rest might fight it back, since I feel it hasn't taken hold yet.
Peanut, Latte and Stella are quite happy with me calling in sick. I, on the other hand, instead of resting, am looking at all the work I should be doing, like laundry, dishes, sweeping, tidying, . . . I am dying to run today, but that really flies in the face of resting and hydrating and helping my body fight this off. I might do some Power Yoga today.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

feel better soon! :)

Steve Schumph said...

I hope you are feeling better soon as well and am looking forward to following the progress on your ticker. Being a little older, "ticker" usually has a different reference for me :-)

Sonia said...

Take care of that cold! I'm sure the girls are happy to have you home =)

Heidi said...

Hi, stumbled across your blog and think it's interesting I am also a RN, a runner, and most importantly I have three labs also, Maya (black), Chico (chocolate) and Zoe (yellow)! Hope you are doing well!