Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Core/Resistance/Strength Programme . . .

A request to post the new core/resistance/strength programme I have been following (thanks Sonia!). It is a combination of some articles that I have read, a lot from one of the trainers at the gym, and some of my own combinations. All I have been using is two 10 pd hand weights, one 10 pound leg weight, a resistance band, and a balance ball. The order is just my own, feel free to put each exercise in any order that suits you. The reps are my own at this time, feel free to start where ever you want. I increase the reps when they get easier to do. The whole program usually takes one hour. I sometimes take two rests in the midst of this, because I find it tough. I also play music loudly so the neighbours can't hear me swear real loud.

Exercise 1: Benchpress with dumbbells is just lying on your back and pushing up the dumbbells to the ceiling at the same time. I have been doing 3 sets of 10 each. I have been using 10 pd weights.













Exercise 2: Sit ups are self-explanatory. I have been doing 3 sets of 25 each.










Exercise 3: Lateral raises are tough! Keep your arms straight and lift up to shoulder height and back down. I have been doing 3 sets of 8 each with the 10 pd weights.








Exercise 4: Leg extensions with leg weights. I sit on a bench or chair and wrap the 10 pound leg weight around my ankle and just raise my lower leg off the ground to straight from the knee. I do 3 sets of 15 on each leg.






Exercise 5: Leg curls with leg weights. I have the leg weight wrapped around my ankle and I just bring my leg up. I have been doing 3 sets of 15.









Exercise 6: Dumbbell raise. Done with my 10 pound weight behind my head, I raise the weight from about the middle of my shoulder blades to above my head and down. I do 3 sets of 15. Supposedly to get rid of the dreaded "bat wings." You can feel the pain right in that area afterwards, so it must be working, right?







Exercise 7: Tricep pull down. I put the resistance band around the door knob and I pull down with the top of my arms facing the ceiling at all times. I do 3 sets of 15.










Exercise 8: Shoulder shrugs. You really feel this in the shoulders and the back. I hold the resistance band above my head and slightly towards the back and pull for 3 sets of 15.










Exercise 9: Dumbell curls. I use my forearm to lift the 10 pound weights up and down for 3 sets of 10. I have weak arms obviously.











Exercise 10: Dumbbell presses. Start with the weights at your shoulders and push up to the ceiling with the weights with straight arms. I do 3 sets of 10 each, but they really hurt.








Exercise 11: Lateral Pull Down. I wrap the resistance band around the door knob and facing the door, pull the resistance band outwards and to the back. I am doing 3 sets of 15 each.









Exercise 12: Push Ups. I cannot do a proper push up yet. So I am using the posture ball to do them until I can. I am presently doing 25.










Exercise 13: You can really feel this one in the back of your legs and your butt. You start in a crouch and you extend the leg with the leg weight to straight out behind you so its even with your back. I am doing 3 sets of 10.








Exercise 14: Lateral leg raises. Stand straight and lift the leg with the leg weight to the side for 3 sets of 10.







Exercise 15: Leg Squeeze. lying on your side, nestle the balance ball in the leg lying on the floor. The top leg sits straight on top of the balance ball. Squeeze the ball between your legs and hold each squeeze for 1 second. 3 sets of 15 each leg.







Exercise 16: Ball crunches. Balance the ball in the small of your back and do slow crunches towards the floor, using the ball to support your back. I am up to 25.










Exercise 17: Lunges with ball. Hook one leg over top the ball, using your abdominals for balance. Then use opposite leg to lunge. I am doing 15 per leg right now.









Exercise 18: Deep lunges 15 each leg.










Exercise 19: The plank. Hold it as long as you can. I am weak and only up to 30 seconds.









Exercise 20: Back extensions. With your abdominals on the ball, I do back extensions on the ball. I am doing 25.








Exercise 21: Oblique Twists. Like sit ups, but on the way up, you twist towards one side. I am doing 25 both sides.












Exercise 22: Tricep Dips. With your hands on a small bench, lift with your arms your body up and down. I am presently doing a modified tricep dip with my legs bent because I can't do a true one yet. I am doing 25 modified ones.







Exercise 23: Lateral Pulls. Pull the resistance band with your arms at the level of your waist. 3 sets of 15.










Exercise 24: Leg Curls 2: With the leg weight on, lift your leg, bending at the knee and keeping the thigh straight. I am doing 3 sets of 15 on each leg.








3 comments:

Sonia said...

That's great! Thanks so much! I don't have weights right now, but I can do some of what you posted with my elastic band. Thanks a lot =) Very cute little drawings LOL

A. & J. said...

Hey! Take a break from exercising and come join us:

You have been invited to The 1st Annual Ottawa Blogger Virtual Christmas Party!

This virtual event is taking place on December 16m 2008.

For more information on this event, please visit the http://pleasepickupyoursocks.wordpress.com blog.

We hope to see you there!

A & J

sue said...

徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,抓姦,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,抓 姦,抓姦,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,外遇,徵信社,尋人,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,A片,抓姦,A片