Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Up'ed the bar again . . .

I'm playing with fire, I've uped the bar again. Not only have I now registered for the Rattle Me Bones 10K, I've also registered for the Ottawa Race Weekend Half Marathon next spring. Now I have to keep this going! Not that I was planning to quit - I'm just keeping the intensity up all throughout the winter. I will have to ask advice on how to reliably train during the winter in Ottawa (especially after all the snow last winter). Should I have to start pricing treadmills with hill climbing programs? I really like running outside - I really find the treadmill is quite boring.

I took 2 weeks off this week and next week. Stella will have her "fix" done on the 19th of August and I would like to be home to do all the running around and making sure she recovers well. I also want to up my training again to start to increase my speed for the Army Run 5K and start increasing my distance for the 10K. The weather looks to be ideal for the next 2 weeks, so it looks like I picked the right time.

No comments: