Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shortfalls and short falls . . .

A brief note of the past week. The "shortfall" has been my runs this week. I have been running as planned this week, but there has been a small, but disappointing shortfall each day. My tempo run was lacklustre, having not timed one lap due to a mistake, then letting myself psychologically because of that first mistake. Then, my hill repeats were lacklustre also. It was hot, but not unbearably so, and I cut myself back by one hill repeat when I knew I had it in me to do it. I have been just genuinely tired this past week. Today, it is really hot and I can't let myself down again.

The other "short fall" was at the beginning of the week, on Monday, when I tripped over Stella outside on the brick patio and cut my nose, and really bruised up my knees. I now look like I've been in a fight. Luckily, my sunglasses cover the slightly black eye and cut on the bridge of the nose when they are on.

2 comments:

A. & J. said...

sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you have a full recovery :)

Carrie said...

Thanks! I did heal really fast. I think it was the ice I put on it right away.