Monday, August 18, 2008

LSD and other non-drugs . . .

My first LSD (long, slow distance) was yesterday. I did a 8K run around the perimeter of my neighbourhood. It went really well. I didn't start feeling it until I ran out of water with about 2K left. It was a hot day and very sunny yesterday and since I had not been on a LSD as of yet, I misjudged my water supply. I guess I either need a bigger water bottle or a double water bottle holder.

I felt so good afterwards. I had a lot of trepidation about signing up for that 10K run in October, but now I know I can do it. My pace throughout that 8K was not much slower than my 5K pace. I'm pretty sure I am better at long distances than shorter distances.

Stella's operation is tomorrow (getting fixed!) and I hope that goes well without any glitches. Peanut did really well and was running around in the afternoon after her surgery. Latte was really drugged up, she was allergic to the sutures, kept licking them and the wound partially opened up - which made healing slow. I hope Stella does better.

No comments: