Friday, January 11, 2008

Little diddies . . .

I don't have much to say today. It's cold and damp and the cold gets in your bones. I haven't been able to warm up, even though the temperature outside is on the plus side.

I saw the neuro yesterday. I was a little disappointed with my progress since the stimulator was turned on, but in the back of my mind, I knew that it would take time to bounce back. I was just hoping, with all the waiting and punishment my body has gone through with all the seizures, that I was 'owed' some positive news. Well, things just take time and I don't feel I really have a lot of time to be screwing around trying to get better. I really forced the issue that I wanted to get off 'house arrest' and wanted to go back to work. I don't feel comfortable off house arrest at this present moment because technically there isn't much difference in the amount of seizures I've been having pre and post surgery yet, and the neuro warned me that the power of the stimulator is still pretty low compared to my original programme. The magnet isn't working on its prn setting yet. I have tried it twice before the two seizures I had last week and it didn't work, but he warned me that the settings are still pretty low. About going back to work, he said that would be a good idea but he wanted me on very low stress work right now and knew that it would take awhile for the hospital to let me back anyway.

I visited my friend's store in North Bay over X-mas and she has some amazing stuff. Christine Charette is an artist, musician, and she designs clothes. She works with her friend Liz, who designs jewelry and is a photographer and they together feature fashion and goods created by them and a number of like-minded, creative people with a bend towards sustainable world and environment. Most of Christine's clothes are created by recycling fabrics from discarded clothing and wool. It is a fantastic store! I bought some Damned Dolly mitts, a pendant made by Liz made from porcelain which features a nest with a robin's egg in it, and I bought a beautiful knit purse. They don't have a website, but you can visit them on Facebook under the group "peeps of hibou boutique" where they have a lot of pictures of the store and their merchandise and on MySpace.



Here are some thoughts I had last night:

  • Do you remember a time you didn't have to wear a seatbelt if you sat in the back seat?

  • Do you remember fighting over who was going to ride in the truck bed as a kid?

They certainly don't do that anymore, but we never thought of stuff like that when I was a kid.

No comments: