Saturday, December 1, 2007

Peanut barfing all night . . .


As you can see from the title, I was very amused by the puking Peanut did all night. At least I didn't have to clean up the rug in the living room for the fourth time since she started this medication. I stopped it today. It is getting nuts. Not the best thing to clean up in the middle of the night. Almost yakked myself. I feel the medication was working too. She wasn't limping anymore and she was even back to running and jumping in the backyard. I thought I saw her back to limping this morning. But reading up on this drug, Deramaxx, there is a danger of her eroding her stomach lining and there has been some dangerous situations where dogs have died from this. I am just hoping that the rest, flax seed oil (omega-3 is a natural anti-inflammatory and joint lubricant), and glucosamine and chondritin will help. I know that chondritin is made from shark cartilage (reminder - I am a vegan), but I have made it a point that the dogs are omnivores and eat meat, so as long as it is for the dogs, it should be tolerated by me. Hopefully, this will work for her, but I am disappointed that this medication was working really well for her and now I have to go backwards.

No comments: